CBD and Healthy CookingAlex
CBD and Healthy Cooking go together just as perfect as peanut butter and jelly, so many culinary artists have been getting into the trend of CBD infused cooking. If you are curious about cooking with CBD, it is important to know when and how you can use it. There are so many ways of intaking CBD from vaping to smoking the original flower. But one of the more popular ways of using and intaking CBD is through the wonderful art of cooking. Knowing how to use CBD will promise you some of the best results and the greatest health benefits.
Should CBD Be Used With Food?
Should you use your CBD with food? In short, yes. Using CBD oil with food may improve how the body interacts with its active compounds like CBD.
Taking your CBD with food can improve the compound’s bioavailability and eating certain types of food can improve it further. Bioavailability is the degree and rate that a substance, in this case, CBD, is absorbed and delivered to the bloodstream where it can interact with the body’s native systems.
When you take any product orally, its active ingredients are absorbed through the digestive system. If we are looking at specifically CBD oil, the CBD and other compounds are first broken down in the stomach before being absorbed by the small intestine and then sent through the portal vein directly to your liver. It is at the liver that having certain foods in your system can become beneficial to the absorption rate of CBD.
Ideal Foods to Take CBD Oil With
Some of the best types of foods to eat with CBD oil include medium and long-chain triglycerides, which are fatty acids. Fatty acids serve as a strong binding agent for cannabinoids like CBD and are directly metabolized into energy by the liver so the loss of CBD concentration through first-pass metabolism is limited. This means that your body can burn those fats and put them – and the CBD and other trace cannabinoids they hold – to use right away.
Recently researchers backed the beneficial effects of taking CBD with fatty acids. In a recent study, they found that co-administering CBD with long-chain triglycerides bypassed some first pass metabolism, allowing significantly more CBD to be absorbed. Another study by a separate team of researchers found the bioavailability of a cannabinoid product was four times higher when taken after a meal.
They are found in most fats, oils, and certain foods, including:
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Soybean oil
- Sesame oil
CBD and Healthy Cooking – Try These Recipes
CBD Meatballs with Homemade Sauce
- 7 cups tomato pulp
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried basil
- A tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef (lean)
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- A cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- A tsp garlic powder
- A tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks, divided into 4-5 even pieces
- Place all the sauce ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine
- Set the slow cooker to high and cover until your done preparing the meatballs (30 minutes should suffice).
- Mix all meatball ingredients excluding the mozzarella in a large bowl. Using your hands, work with the mass as if you were making pizza dough.
- Take a golf ball-sized piece of the beef mixture and place a piece of mozzarella in the center.
- Press the beef around the mozzarella piece until fully enclosed. Repeat until you run out of meat.
- Transfer the meatballs into the slow cooker and immerse in the sauce. Cover and continue cooking on high for up to 2 ½ hours.
CBD Pesto Pasta with Spicy Shrimp
CBD Raw Pesto:
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Royal CBD 500mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- A pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- One tsp red pepper flakes
- One tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For the pesto: rinse off the leafy greens under cold water and place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend until the pesto becomes a smooth sauce.
- Scoop the pesto sauce with a spoon and transfer it to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- For the shrimp pasta: in a large pot, boil water over medium heat and add the uncooked penne pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Grab a large saucepan and heat butter along with olive oil over medium heat until fully melted.
- Dip both sides of the shrimp in the previously ground red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper before adding them to the pan. Once added, squeeze in the lemon juice and cook until the shrimp turns pink on each side.
- Wash the asparagus and cut into 2-inch blocks. Add the asparagus to the pasta for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Once your shrimp have been thoroughly cooked, add the pasta and asparagus to the pan. Saute for about a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix in 6–8 tablespoons of pesto. Add cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and top the meal with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Does Heat Destroy CBD’s Beneficial Properties?
Cooking with CBD can be quite simple: In many cases, CBD oils can be directly substituted for olive or vegetable oils or with a couple of simple steps, it can be infused into butter for recipes that call for it. But does the heat from cooking CBD affect you differently or does the heat destroy the purpose of CBD?
As CBD heats up, it will begin to evaporate, and that can cause the compounds in the oil to break down. Using more will not necessarily help either. The effect happens exponentially.
As with all cannabinoid consumption, onset can be slower with ingestion so we advise people to work their way up to a dosage that provides the right balance, our proprietary CO2 extraction process yields an odorless, tasteless concentrate so regardless of how much or how little you add, it won’t alter the flavor of your favorite dish.
Best CBD Distributors For Wholesale
Verde is one of the top-rated retailers of CBD oil products in America. Shop our complete line of CBD products from oils, vaping pens, edibles, gummies, and more. All our products include the highest quality, 99.9% pure CBD. For years, Verde CBD has been taking care of its clients with the purest CBD products. Discover the healing powers of CBD and check out our entire product collection. Sign up to become a distributor and receive wholesale discounts. For questions or information about Verde, our products or wholesale, email email@example.com.