How to Use CBD in Healthy CookingAlex
CBD is a very versatile substance that is popping up in many products and industries – sports medicine, spas, pet treats and even cosmetics. Now, CBD is making it’s way into a new category – cooking. There are many ways to use CBD in healthy cooking.
Can You Eat CBD oil or CBD Products?
Believe it or not, you can consume CBD products in a multitude of ways. CBD can be inhaled, smoked, applied, eaten or sprayed. CBD is already found in food such as edibles, baked goods and candy. If you like gummy worms, you’ll love Verde’s CBD infused Gummy Bears. CBD is also infused in coffees, teas, and cold brews. Keep in mind that when you eat or drink CBD, it will take 30 minutes or longer before you feel it. When you consume it, it enters the bloodstream through the digestive system. CBD is rich in omega-3’s and is a plant-based protein that can bring balanced nutrition to everyone. It also contains all of the essential amino acids.
Health Benefits of Consuming CBD
Why would you consume CBD? For starters, CBD is a natural remedy for many common ailments. What makes CBD so appealing is that lacks THC. THC is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. This cannabinoid causes you to “get high” when you consume cannabis. CBD does not contain THC and is therefore not psychoactive. In short, CBD WON’T make you high. This quality makes it an appealing option for those who are looking for pain relief without psychoactive effects.
Here are just a few of the wonderful health benefits of CBD Oil:
- Relieves chronic pain
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Helps manage stress
- Can alleviate cancer-related symptoms
- Treating drug addiction and withdrawal
- Reduced pain and inflammation
How To Use CBD in Healthy Cooking – Tips to Cook with CBD
Before you start cooking with CBD, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Here are a few tips for cooking with CBD:
- Use high-quality CBD – the quality of the CBD you use matters. There is no substitute for a high-quality CBD oil. Make sure to choose top-grade reputable brands
- Store CBD in a cool and dry place – this will keep it fresh
- Choose Recipes with Oils or Fat – CBD works best with recipes with some fat in it. This could be oil or butter based recipes.
- Add drops of CBD in food – you can add drops of CBD oil in smoothies, lattes, tea baking, or salad dressings.
- Do NOT heat CBD Oil using direct heat – If you heat CBD oil too high, it will decrease the oils overall effectiveness.
The Best CBD Recipes
If you are interested in cooking with CBD, there are many recipes you can try. Give these recipes a shot and see how you like them. (Note: these recipes may contain ingredients that upset allergies. Proceed with caution!)
Healthy CBD Cooking Recipes
CBD-infused Guacamole (Keto, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled, halved, and seeded
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 mL of Verde Tincture Oil 750 MG
- Place the avocados in a mortar or bowl and mash them with a fork or pestle.
- Add the salt, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, and lime juice. Top the mixture with your full-spectrum CBD oil and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the guacamole sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
CBD Raw Pesto:
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp Verde Tincture Oil 750 MG
- A pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- One tsp red pepper flakes
- One tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- For the pesto: rinse off the leafy greens under cold water and place all the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend until the pesto becomes a smooth sauce.
- Scoop the pesto sauce with a spoon and transfer it to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- For the shrimp pasta: in a large pot, boil water over medium heat and add the uncooked penne pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Grab a large saucepan and heat butter along with olive oil over medium heat until fully melted.
- Dip both sides of the shrimp in the previously ground red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper before adding them to the pan. Once added, squeeze in the lemon juice and cook until the shrimp turns pink on each side.
- Wash the asparagus and cut into 2-inch blocks. Add the asparagus to the pasta for the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Once your shrimp have been thoroughly cooked, add the pasta and asparagus to the pan. Saute for about a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix in 6–8 tablespoons of pesto. Add cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and top the meal with shaved Parmesan cheese.
The Future Of CBD In Healthy Cooking
CBD restaurants and cafes are going to be the new frontier for dining and eating out. Restaurants across the country are already serving up CBD-infused dishes and beverages. If you are interested in opening a restaurant, especially a health-conscious one, consider serving CBD-infused dishes. Every day, there is a growing number of consumers who are looking for CBD products and brands that promote that lifestyle.
The Top CBD Distributors in Orlando
Verde Orlando is one of the top-rated retailers of CBD oil products in America. Shop our complete line of CBD products from oils, vaping pens, edibles, gummies and more. All our products include the highest quality, 99.9% pure CBD. For years, Verde CBD has been taking care of its clients with the purest CBD products. Discover the healing powers of CBD and check out our entire product collection. Sign up to become a distributor and receive wholesale discounts. For questions or information about Verde, our products or wholesale, email firstname.lastname@example.org.